Daniel "Danny" Andalón has dedicated his career to government and community affairs. Working in all levels of government in different capacities, from running a congressional race to working in the State Legislature and local governments, Danny has the needed hands-on experience to contribute to our Democratic party.
- Danny's career began in the District Office of Assemblyman Scott Wildman (D-Glendale). The newly elected Democratic Assemblyman, first in Glendale/Burbank's history, gave Danny the opportunity to acquire a sense of community accountability. Working on constituent cases, to representing the Assemblyman, not just with the Latino community, but across the district.
- Danny led community outreach and education efforts for the County of Los Angeles’ Local Initiative Health Authority (L.A. Care Health Plan). He worked to organize and empower communities that stretched from Downtown Los Angeles to Pomona and then south into South Los Angeles.
- Danny has worked with some of the most prominent elected public officials in the City of Los Angeles, including Hon. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Hon. City Council Member Jose Huizar, and Hon. City Council Member Ed P. Reyes (Ret.); focusing efforts in representing, organizing, and addressing policy issues for each of those offices respectively.
Danny has taken on initiatives that include healthcare advocacy and education issues, labor organizing, environment and education, among other social issues that impact quality of life for the residents of Los Angeles County.
As an entrepreneur he has owned a couple of businesses including a financial services agency, which he led to number one in the country in production. In the last few years as an independent government affairs and community advocacy consultant, Danny has acquired both non-profit and corporate clients, performing work that included handling land-use issues to government and community affairs.
Having garnered the trust of prominent elected officials and political candidates as they vied for political office, Danny has been invited to hold key political campaign positions throughout Southern California:
- integral contributing consultant to the campaign management that helped Dr. Ref Rodriguez win the election to the Los Angeles Unified School District Board, with the intent to further raise the conversation to increase the quality of education in our communities. (2015).
- one of two campaign managers that contributed to the Honorable Hilda Solis' victory in her election bid to the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors (2014).
- took on the responsibility to operate the main campaign field office for the Honorable Congresswoman Lucille Roybal-Allard, a key supportive role in her re-election in a newly redrawn congressional district (included 40% new constituency in 2014).
- contributed to many other local elected public official races across Los Angeles County (1999-2016).
Danny studied Urban Studies and Planning with an emphasis in Public Administration, and Chicana/o Studies with an emphasis in Education at California State University, at Northridge. On his personal time, he serves as a board member for a number of non-profit and faith-based organizations. He has served as speaker and moderator for several community forums that range from L.A.’s Gang Injunctions to local neighborhood council elections.
In 2004, Danny was elected as Vice President, and soon after appointed President of one of Los Angeles’ first neighborhood councils, the Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council. He is a native Angelino who continues to live in the community of Highland Park in the City Los Angeles where he and his wife are raising their three sons.